School Year Calendar
Markao School Year Calendar
Markao’s school year calendar goes from September through June, and includes 36 weeks of contact learning, with breaks in between.
Our project-based learning will be offered in blocks, segmented through the school year to best address the topic we’re studying at the time. You’ll see in the schedule below that we have 11 weeks of learning maximum before we have a break. That 11 weeks might be divided into two 4-week blocks and a 3-week block, or perhaps a 6-week block and a 5-week block, depending on the projects we’re working on and the time needed to best address them.
Schedule for 2020
- Orientation Week – August 31 – September 4
- School Begins – September 7
- September 7 – November 20 (11 weeks)
- Thanksgiving Break (1 week) – November 23-27
- November 30 – December 18 (3 weeks)
- Winter Break (2 weeks) – December 21 – January 1
- January 4 – March 19 (11 weeks)
- Spring Break (2 weeks) – March 22 – April 2
- April 5 – June 18 (11 weeks)
- May 31, Memorial Day – No School
- Graduation – June 18
We understand that there are holidays in various countries that may fall on days that we are in class. All classes are recorded and placed in the learning area if you happen to be away for that holiday. Most classes should be able to be attended live though.